Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th!

We have thankfully survived our second annual Fourth of July backyard barbecue. It was a whole lotta fun, too. Thank you to our dear friends who celebrated with us!! Our goal when we purchased our home (now 2 years ago) was to have a space we could open up to people. In the spirit of honesty I should say that wanting to clean and then let people potentially mess up my handy work has never come naturally for me, but I'm really glad I keep stepping outside my comfort zone for fellowship. Our house never feels more like a home than when it's filled with joy and laughter.

Before I photo dump, let me say a special thanks to Lezlee and Ryan for driving the farthest to visit :-) Oh, and she did pick my nursery color, too (I love having talented friends). Thanks to everyone who brought items to contribute. And, thanks to Sierra and Dane for staying late and hiking up to the high school with us to watch the community fireworks show. I should plan to be in bed all day to recuperate from the past few days, but I think I'd rather use my last official vacation day this week doing nursery tasks since the contractor is coming in two weeks to re-sheetrock that room!


Ok, here are a few of the photos I managed to snap before I got distracted by all the fun I was having!








(Kotrla kids = cuties!)

(Lezlee the sparkler girl)

(The gang watching Jonathan shoot fireworks)

(The man w/ the lighter himself. He likes to blow things up.)

Hope everyone had a fun, safe holiday wherever they were!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment