Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Big Reveal

Now that you all know our secret, I guess I can fill you in on more of the details of what's taken place over the past few weeks!

A lot has been happening since we found out about Nugget. The story of how I found out is pretty entertaining, but I will not be sharing that here! I will say that I found out on a Friday afternoon while working from home and decided I was too impatient to wait for Jonathan to return home from work. Instead, I went to McDonalds and picked up a 4-piece count of chicken nuggets and dropped them off at the newspaper, thinking that since we'd joked about wanting a "lil nugget" he would pick up on my hint. This, for some reason, didn't clue my sweet husband into what I was trying to tell him. So, I added, "And I will be giving you another nugget later..." It definitely sunk in then and we shared a sweet moment.

We were fortunate enough that my parents were taking a day-trip to visit us the following day, so we decided to invite Jonathan's parents over to have lunch, too, so we could tell everyone at once. We bought a couple of children's books and presented it to our parents at the dinner table. I have a brief video clip of that moment, but I can't get it to load :-(

Here's a picture of the proud grandmothers with their books:


After lunch we visited Jonathan's Nonna to share the news with her. We snapped a few pictures to commemorate the occasion:

(The boy looks terrified!)





This has been a lot of fun so far (minus the nausea!) We've enjoyed savoring the news as a family, but I'm also thrilled that the word is out and we can openly celebrate our blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment