Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Easy Peasy Terracotta Pot Craft

Happy Hump Day, y'all!

Here's a quick-n-easy craft to get me back in the swing of blogging! I recently purchased an aloe vera plant to keep around the house and I wanted to spiffy up its planter home. It will eventually be displayed on a rad bar car I'm refinishing.

In addition to the plant, I purchased a small terracotta pot, white spray paint, blue painter's tape and Martha Stewart's metallic gold acrylic paint. I went to Pinterest for my inspiration:



Step one: Spray paint the pot. After it dries, add a second coat -- I didn't hold my spray paint far enough away and the paint dripped :-( I will probably fix this down the road.


After the white paint dries. Apply the blue painter's tape to make whatever design you wish. Here's what I did:


Apply at least two coats of the gold acrylic paint by hand. Once the paint is dry, remove the tape and voilá:


This will definitely be part of a grouping of other planters. Here's the design I want to try next:


Oh, and I'm also making this night stand for our room!


XO,

Liz

2 comments:

  1. so cute! and how easy!!! dang... I want to do some now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are domestic goddess AND a rock star at your job. home maker AND kick-ass money calculator. seriously, you are the whole package as I'm sure Jonathan knows 😉

    ReplyDelete