Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The perfect salad.

It's gluten free. It's fiberiferous (is that a word?). And it's just plain pretty:


Thursday will make the third day in a ROW that I've had this exact salad for my lunch. I start with a spring mix and add edamame, black beans, diced red peppers, crushed tortilla chips and yummy jalapeƱo ranch dressing (you can find it in the refrigerated section of Kroger near the produce). I love the dressing because it tastes like a combo of ranch and buffalo sauce, so it's not too spicy, but it's enough to rev the metabolism. Oh, and I have to give props to my friend Meg who helped me devise this salad plan — not to mention introduce me to the salad dressing.

There are many reasons why this is the perfect salad for me: Perfect blend of flavors and textures. Lots of fiber. No gluten. Vegetarian. The salad gives me energy and keeps me full longer than most meals. And, last but definitely not least, I was skinny at 3 p.m. today! IBS sufferers will tell you that by most afternoons, you probably weigh an extra five pounds and go up a few inches in the waist. That's me every day. Except today. On day 2 of eating this salad I was skinny. And, despite beans and a raw veggie, my stomach was blissfully silent. :-)

I may just eat this salad for lunch every day for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment