Monday, April 25, 2011

New Day, New Diet

About once a year I decide to give up all food that tastes good. I decided that the time was right on Sunday to begin my latest diet — er, lifestyle change.

Yes, I'm going to the beach for a whole week in May, but that's not why I'm choosing to eat like a health nut again. Okay, well, it's only about 35% of the reason. The other 65% is that I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I have weird medical maladies that I'm not going to discuss in the blogosphere. You wouldn't believe me anyway. Suffice it to say that I've been through a LOT in the last year and a half — and it's time to take matters back into my own hands.

That's why I decided in a bout of frustration this weekend that I'm resuming some semblance of the Candida detoxification diet. If you'll recall, that's the diet I went on last year. In 10 days I lost around 7 pounds and went down an entire pants size. I'd never felt better...that is, until I added back food and found out that I'm sensitive to everything but water.

This go-round I'm going to drastically cut my carbs and sugar, not eliminate them. I'm going to dramatically limit my alcohol intake. I'm going to focus on eating organic foods — mainly meats and veggies. I will drink chamomile tea and eat probiotics and try to coax my GI tract into submission. Oh, and I'm going to drink water until I float away.

Here was my last good meal. Thanks, mom:

Here are the only foods I'm allowed to eat from now on:

I'm excited about my grocery store finds, actually! I've never tried these Naked fruit smoothies or carrot juice or greek yogurt.

Tonight's dinner wasn't bad at all, either. Jonathan and I had butternut squash soup and a chicken salad with dry roasted edamame. We tossed it in our favorite dressing — oil and vinegar with a little salt and pepper. That's another one of those tips straight from our Italian grandmother.

See, not so bad:

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment